To download eBooks and audiobooks we recommend first installing Homewood Public Library's (HPL) mobile app  to Apple (iOS) and Android devices. This includes iPads, iPhones, Touch, Android tablets and phones.
1. Download and install Homewood Public Library's (HPL) mobile app  from the app store.
2. From the app, tap OverDrive, Download eBooks or Download Audiobooks, then browse or search for a title. Select a title.
3. Tap "Check out now!" if the title is immediately available, then tap "click to download". If you don't already have the OverDrive app installed on the device, tap "Continue" to download it from the app store.
4. You will be prompted to sign in to your library account with your library card number.
5. Return to the HPL app and tap your requested title. You will be prompted to "Sign In" with an Adobe ID or "Register at Adobe.com" for an Adobe ID. If you already have an Adobe ID, enter it to Sign In and authorize the device. If you do not have an Adobe ID, follow the instructions to create one. When completed, authorize the device.
6. Once you authorize the device, your title will automatically begin downloading to the OverDrive app, which is where you will find your eBook or audiobook.
7. The next time you download an eBook or audiobook, the title will seamlessly download with one-click access.