Get Your Money In Shape In 2014!
With the holiday season over and tax season on its way, many find that this is a good time of year to take a look at personal finances. There are many different ways to get a budget in order, it basically comes down to adopting good money management habits. Everyone is different and methods vary. It is smart to take the time and learn about different financial management tactics and pick out the one that is right for you.
MakingCents is a free program provided by selected public libraries in Birmingham, Jefferson and Shelby Counties which offer several resources both print and online as well as seminars and programs to help anyone seeking to understand smart investing practices and to help people find ways to make the most of their money.
MakingCents is made possible through Smart investing@your library®, a partnership between the American Library Association and the FINRA lnvestor Education Foundation. It provides unbiased information to help people of all ages, economic circumstances and cultural backgrounds make good financial decisions and plan for the future.
This project will offer a road map to helping you make smart financial decisions for day-to-day money matters and long term investing, including:
o Online Resources
We will be offering programs on personal finance and investing for all ages. We will cover a broad range of topics from balancing a checkbook, family budgets, couponing, and learning about your credit score.
Here are some titles included in the Making Cents Section:
- Social Security, Medicare & government pensions
- 20 retirement decisions you need to make right now / Ray E. Levitre
- The ABCs of getting out of debt turn bad debt into good debt and bad credit into good credit Sutton, Garrett
- Super freakonomics [sound recording] / Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
- Earn it, learn it : teach your child the value of money, work, and time well spent / by Alisa T. Weinstein
For more information and to access some excellent resources visit Making-Cents.org.