How does someone with a Victim Identity learn how to begin the hero’s journey of self-care and self-love? How might a therapist facilitate such a journey for a client with a Victim Identity? How is the Victim Identity developed? What is the psychology of the Victim Identity? How and why does the Victim Identity turn Bully? These and more are the questions that will be asked and answered by this workshop that intends to offer understanding and practical methodologies for facilitating the client’s journey to wholeness and Self.
OBJECTIVES: Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define and explain Identity.
- Explain the theories explored regarding how the Victim Identity is developed.
- Explain the shadow side of the Victim Identity: The Bully.
- Explain the various kinds of Victim Identity.
- Explain various interventions to facilitate the client’s ability to begin the hero’s journey to self-care and self-love.
Providing 6 NBCC & 6 ABSWE approved contact hours
REGISTER BEFORE 5/17/17 - $75.00 / AFTER 5/17/17 - $90.00 / AT THE DOOR - $100.00 (CASH OR CHECK ONLY) / Registration begins at 8:30 am
Andrea Mathews, LPC, LLC has been approved as an NBCC Continuing Education Provider, ACEP provider # 6031. Programs that do not quality for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AndreaMathews, LPC, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. Andrea Mathew LPC, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.